Bachelor of Arts in Economics, University of Michigan – Ann Arbor (2002)
Juris Doctorate, Valparaiso University School of Law (2005)
Master of Business Administration, Butler University (Candidate 2021)
Admitted to Practice:
- State of Indiana
- United States District Court – Southern District of Indiana
- United States District Court – Northern District of Indiana
- State of Illinois
Nicholas (Nick) Huang has a broad range of experience in international and domestic business and corporate transactions and litigation, real estate, homeowner’s association and property management, trust and estate planning and administration, and guardianships. He provides negotiation and litigation representation at the federal and state level.
Nick often serves as outside in-house counsel to assist in daily external and internal operations, business strategy, and implementation of preventative measures. This general counsel work includes corporate governance, real estate acquisitions, loan and financing application, construction management, drafting vendor and customer contracts, and employment litigation and investigations relating to discrimination, harassment, and wage and labor claims. He also advises corporate clients regarding compliance on federal, state, and local levels, and he interacts with government agencies on related audits. Past industries of representation include internet technology and web development, construction, manufacturing, transportation and logistics, private equity and finance, tax and accounting, real estate brokerage and property management, insurance, medical and dental, health care and mental health, industrial storage and warehousing, restaurant and food services, grocery and supermarket, retail, social services, and charitable and community outreach.
Additionally, Nick provides guidance on structuring and forming corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, nonprofit organizations, and professional corporations. He also counsels and advises on corporate regulations and compliance, director and officer responsibilities, and general business planning.
Nick has also supported clients in the preparation of estate planning which commonly includes a will and trust, appointment of health care representative, general durable power of attorney, and living will. He has extensive experience in estate and trust administration, guardianships, and related probate litigation.
Nick has further experience representing homeowners’ associations, their board members and property management companies. His duties have included covenant enforcement, collection of assessments, related litigation, and he counsels HOA Boards and affiliated management companies on property and collection disputes, corporate formalities and amending declarations and covenants.
Nick was previously employed with the law firms of Dykema Gossett, PLLC, Hoeppner Wagner & Evans, LLC, and Maleki & Associates. He also served as a member of the conflict panel for the Marion County Public Defender’s Agency. Nick has been a partner at Harrison & Moberly, LLP since 2015.
Memberships and Past Professional Activities:
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Indiana: Treasurer (2015 & 2016), Vice-President (2017), President (2018), Immediate Past President (2019)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (2015-Present)
- Indiana State Bar Association: Probate, Trust, and Real Property Committee Member (2017-Present), Continuing Legal Education Presenter (2019)
- Indianapolis Bar Association: Diversity Job Fair Co-Chair (2019) and Member (2006-Present)
- American Bar Association: (2006-2007, 2012-2013)
- Legal Aid Society (2006-2016)
- Indianapolis American Inn of Court (2008-2011)
- MAI Legal Services (2009)
- United States Legal Defense Foreclosure Group (2011-2014)
- Marion County Public Defender’s Agency: Conflict Panel Member (2007-2016)
- Indiana University, Maurer School of Law: Diversity Panel Moderator (April 2018)
- Starkey Entrepreneurial Woman Awards: Presenter (2019)
- Taiwanese American Foundation: General Counsel (2006-Present) and Board Member (2008-Present)
- TaiwaneseAmerican.org: General Counsel and Board Member (2010-Present)
- Indianapolis Taiwanese American Association, Formosa Circus Art Acrobats: Master of Ceremonies (2017 & 2018)
- Indy Chinese School at Indiana University Purdue University: General Counsel (2018-Present)
- Indianapolis Business Journal, Indiana Lawyer: Up and Coming Lawyer, 2008
- Indiana Super Lawyers: Rising Star, 2010 and 2011
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Indiana: Spirit of Excellence, 2018
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation: Distinguished Fellow, 2018
- Taiwanese American Archives: Outstanding Taiwanese American, 2019